Before Memory Fades


Before the memory fades
Let me remember

The moments where
I was the prayer
I was the answer

My tree swing
My bed on the loft.
….Of my grandma's house

My solitary moments
When I found faith

My feeling of abundance
When I found 4 popsicles
Where I expected one

My joy and glee
When my red gumboots filled with rain water
And made a funny noise when I walked

My times of confusion
When my struggle for clarity
Made a thinker out of me

My goose bumps on the cold mornings
When I was a humble witness to
the new proud bud blooming

My unforgiving moments
When hurt hurt more
and Ask for forgiveness

My primitive judgements
and humbly Forgive

My feeling of security
When my mom went about her chores
Humming and talking

My wonder , echo and Silence
When I helped my gran clean the church
For the next days Sunday Mass.

My deep gratitude
For all the people who loved me as I was.
For all these little moments of magic
For all the struggles and strife's
For all the tears and tests
For all the celebrations
For Me.

Let me remember
Before my memory fades…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought and Commenst are welcome:

An Ode to the Bolero.