Silence

Perhaps there is more to silence
Than mere absence of words

I have felt silence, in the middle of torrential words.
Felt the warmth of it’s holding
Felt the crevices and cracks on my skin be gently filled by it..
Like a master sculptor

Felt it’s gentle love as it soothed and softened the insides
of my mind .. my throat
as I swallowed -  words.

There is something so palpable about silence, moving powerful
I can’t help but notice the feeble struggle of words,
I empathize.

Silence is, also how I communicate, sometimes
When,
I fail to democratize words
and get lost in the myriad meandering of meanings
exhausted by the search.

Why does everything have to have a meaning?
What meaning does my little bird make of the sudden water from my top neighbors balcony, that drenches it ?

Silence has also been reduced to meaning..
Needing to be explained.. justified.. tried
Like a petty criminal.

Perhaps it’s time to question our own relationship with silence
And not attempt to explain it..
With words.

Perhaps

It’s time to break  the silence on words

Rhea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought and Commenst are welcome:

An Ode to the Bolero.