Little Prince

“When a mystery is too overpowering, one may not disobey.” - Little Prince 
Yesterday our building had the passage on each floor fumigated. They bring this white smoke gun and fire it everywhere...a strong gush of smoke comes out and fills the entire space.
I requested them to do that inside the house as well, they did.
I danced pretending I was in clouds. (I remembered doing this as a young girl every time these guys came. )..the smoke soon disappeared.
After a couple of hours as I finished preparing dinner and sat to watch some netflix..I had intense burning sensation on my shoulder and it had turned an angry red… I showered again, wondering what was happening... As I sat again, my shoulder still burning.. suddenly I saw a couple of mosquitoes, fly away from the spot I was sitting. And then, the memory hit me..like a ton of bricks, and everything suddenly made sense….
As a young girl when, I saw these mosquito men come I used to run inside the house where I knew the mosquitoes sat huddled and shoo them away… because I knew the smoke would kill them…This day, today....as I invited the smoke gun guys, I forgot about the mosquitoes.
I must add that mosquitoes, ants never bite me, much to the annoyance of my son (as I sometimes leave the windows open in the evening).
This day the mosquitoes bit me, to remind me. And I realized how I had forgotten who I used to be… and I had to apologize, to them.
We are friends again now . I left the window open they came in ..and this time didn't bite me
“Growing up is not the problem. Forgetting childhood is.” – Little Prince

Rhea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought and Commenst are welcome:

An Ode to the Bolero.