Wishing well

I sit here
Even as I slip
Into the darkness of grief
Thick suffocating unbearable.
I Struggle
As images from the past and future
Crowd my mind
Each demanding its space
like untried victims
Wanting to be seen, to be heard.
I am overwhelmed.

I gasp as I hear their version of stories
Surprise, shock, wonder, acknowledgement, sadness, joy, gratitude, relief
My life seems to have become a kaleidoscope
Somehow, the broken pieces of bangles make meaning
As they come together after every turn.

And bit by little bit
My own narrative seems to be shifting
Of who I was, who I am .
Who Am I?
A daughter, Sister, Niece, grand-daughter, friend, girl guide, mother, teacher…
and so many more people.

I sit here knowing its far from over
Like clouds of grey mist drifting…shifting..changing shape and form
I need to wait and let the darkness settle.
Till I see and pick up
The coins that were thrown by these people
into the dark waters
Long time ago;
With hope and faith
and closed eyes.

So that, someday,
Like today
I would find them.

And know trust again.
with open eyes.

Rhea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought and Commenst are welcome:

An Ode to the Bolero.