Tell me



Don't tell me how well you can speak.
Tell me, how well you can listen,
To what's not being said.
 
Don't tell me about all the hardships you have overcome
Tell me about the simple things,
That you have found difficult.
 
Don't tell me about the thunder of applause
Tell about the crumpling sound,
Of wishes broken
 
Don't tell me about the brilliance of the sun,
Tell me about the image of the moon,Not visible.
 
Don't tell me about your many friends,
Tell me about your relationship,
With you.
 
Don't tell me about all the answers that you have found,
Tell me about the questions,
That you are too scared to ask.
 
Don't tell me, what you do from morn to night,
Tell me what you do,
Just after you fall asleep.
 
Don't tell me about all the great things you have written,
Tell me about all the words, which filled the blank pages
That you were afraid to write.
 
Don't tell me what you will tell the world anyway,
Tell me
What you cannot tell yourself.
 
Rhea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought and Commenst are welcome:

An Ode to the Bolero.