Coming Home

A bit musty
The air
Familiar yet
new somehow

The footprints show
the amount of dust
Settled around the steps
I had taken

I hear sounds 
amidst the silences
I look in the direction
Memories
Keep flirting with time

I smile
I don’t sigh
I am amused

Some things I had
meticulously covered
To keep them safe.
The mirror was one of them

I pull down the drape
Blue with tiny white flowers
I expect to see the same mirror

It isn’t.

I smile
Tentatively at first
As the dust starts settling
I don’t flinch

I shake the drape even more
Imagining the white flowers
come off the sheet and fly
Throwing caution to the wind


I turn my head up
This feels like stardust…
Pieces of me are settling down

I have come home.

Rhea 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought and Commenst are welcome:

An Ode to the Bolero.