Water

I was the wind
Once

Going where ever I felt like
Carrying grains of stories
From one place
To another.

Sometimes gentle
Sometimes a whirlwind

Flirting with tree tops
Changing my mind and direction
on a whim
Not caged
Of no fixed address
I was Free.

Then I grew up
And became fire

I was angry
And believed in the myth of Independence
And self righteously
Burned to purity
What I though was wrong
Creating separateness
It took courage…
I was Proud.

I stood still
The lava solidified
Became the Rock.

Made peace with the wrongs
Consolidated
Reached some ”conclusions”
Created an identity
Gulped the tears
Hard contours
Immovable - Dependable
I was Rigid.

..and then,

One day
On the periphery of my mind
I caught a glimpse
Of the dew drop
Glistening…Still.. fragile
Immaculate.

I saw
The whole world reflected in it.

The illusion of ‘Separateness"
Started to melt

I closed my eyes
And tears flowed
Breaking all barriers

Like a tsunami
Washing away
My carefully build identity
Leaving me happily with the debris
Of what I was ..

Words start dropping
Compassion arises.

Meaningless
Form less
Identity less
And yet,

Free to be Anything.

My journey
Is now
acceptance

Holding up a ship
Slipping through fingers

Flow.
Gentle
Peace

I am water.



-Rhea 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thought and Commenst are welcome:

An Ode to the Bolero.